Learn the basics in a fun, friendly and relaxed environment.
This course is designed for those with little or no sewing experience who would like a thorough introduction to sewing and can't wait to get started!
No previous experience is required and sewing machines, fabrics, materials and accessories are provided in the lesson so you don't need any equipment. Perfect for those who want to try out sewing before investing in their own machine. If you have a machine and would like to learn using that then you are more than welcome to bring it along.
With over 50 years sewing experience between the three members of our team, we have a real passion for sewing and we can't wait to share the joy with you!
Over the course of the 6 weeks you will...
- get to know your sewing machine including threading, changing the needle and feet, winding and loading the bobbin and setting the tension
- learn basic seams
- learn basic applique skills
- learn how to insert a zip
- learn how to attach bias binding
- learn how to make a button hole
- make several craft items including a tote bag, fabric storage basket, notepad cover and appliqued cushion
The course will run over 6 weeks, from 10am - 1pm giving a total of 18 hours learning time. See the drop down list for course dates.
Select a course from the dates available in the drop down list. You can choose to pay in full or pay a 50% deposit to secure your place with the rest to pay when the course starts.
The price of the course includes everything you need from fabric to patterns, threads and all other materials required.
Lessons will be held in our shop in Colchester:
Unit 5b Brunel Court
Severalls Business Park
Colchester CO4 9XP