Learn the basics in a fun, friendly and relaxed environment.
This course is designed for those with little or no sewing experience who would like a thorough introduction to sewing and can't wait to get started!
No previous experience is required and sewing machines and accessories are provided in the lesson so you don't need any equipment. Perfect for those who want to try out sewing before investing in their own machine. If you have a machine and would like to learn using that then you are more than welcome to bring it along.
With over 50 years sewing experience between the three members of our team, we have a real passion for sewing and we can't wait to share the joy with you!
The course will run over 6 weeks, from 10am - 1pm, giving a total of 18 hours learning time.
8th June - 13th July 2022
Over the course of the 6 weeks you will...
- get to know your sewing machine including threading, changing the needle and feet, winding and loading the bobbin and setting the tension
- learn basic seams and pattern construction
- learn basic applique skills
- learn how to insert a zip
- learn how to attach bias binding
- learn how to make a button hole
- learn how to hem and different types of hems
- make several craft items including a tote bag, pin cushion and appliqued cushion